Scrap Gold Silver Platinum
Questions Related to Selling Scrap Silver and Gold to Golden Money:
- What types precious metals do you buy?
- What will it cost me to receive Golden Money Mailing Pack?
- I have pre 1968 Canadian silver coins: $1, 50c, 25c, 10c. How do I sell them to you?
- What will it cost me to ship my unwanted gold or silver to Golden Money?
- Does your payout rate based on minimum amount?
- Can I use my own packaging to expedite shipping?
- Do you charge a handling fee?
- What if your payout rate has changed since I have mailed the pack?
- What makes you different from other gold buyers?
- I have checked other cash for gold online sites and their payout is significantly higher than yours, why is that?
- How do you pay me?
- Will you call me with my appraised gold or silver value, before sending the check?
- How do I contact you?
- Do you pay in Canadian or US currency?
- What is inside the Golden Money Mailing Pack?
- Do you pay less than brick and mortar jewellery shops?
- How do your payout rates compare to local jewellers?
- Do you buy silver and platinum?
- Do you buy gem stones?
- Do you share my personal information with any government or non-government agencies?
- What if my package is lost in the mail?
- What if my package is worth more than $5,000 dollars?
- How can I reduce the risk of a “lost” package?
- What weight units are used?
- What do these numbers stamped on my jewellery mean?
- Will you call me with the appraised value of my metal?
- Where are you located?
- What if I change my mind after I have sent my package?
What will it cost me to receive Golden Money Mailing Pack?
Nothing! You pay NOTHING to receive Golden Money Mailing Pack. Just fill out the form and we will mail it to you right away!
What will it cost me to ship my unwanted gold or silver to Golden Money?
Nothing! We will mail you Fedex pre-paid shipping label at absolutely no cost to you if you are in Canada. If you are in USA we will reimburse your shipping costs as long as the value of the gold or silver is above $250 and the package is shipped via regular USPS service with tracking and insurance. We will refund the actual postage fee imprinted by the courier on the label. Insurance to Canada from the US is limited to $650. You can order 2 or more mailing packs, if the value of the gold or silver exceeds the maximum insured amount.
Does your payout rate based on minimum amount?
Unlike other gold buyer, who advertise very high payout rate based on 1 kilo of scrap, we do not base our price on minimum amount. You can send us your gold or silver in any quantity and we will pay the price posted, with no gimmicks or hidden fees.
Can I use my own packaging to expedite shipping?
You can use your own shipping materials to expedite shipping. Please indicate during order process, "Use my own shipping package". We will reimburse your shipping cost when you ship your package via regular mail with insurance and tracking. Please refer to the, "How can I reduce the risk of a “lost” package" section down below.
Do you charge a handling fee?
We do not charge any handling fees, unlike many other online outlets.
What if your payout rate has changed since I have mailed the pack?
Your actual payout rate is locked for 5 business days for scrap jewellery from the day you have ordered the pack. However your shipment should reach us within 5 business days after you mailed your package. So your total locked period is 10 business days, from the day you have placed the order.
What makes you different from other gold buyers?
The biggest difference is the guaranteed locked price, the amount we pay, fast turnaround service, no handling fee, quality appraisals, the best customer support in the industry and personal attention to your needs.
I have checked other cash for gold online sites and their payout is significantly higher than yours, why is that?
Most likely because it is a scam. There are certain prices industry can sustain. If someone is offering significantly higher price than we are, demand written quote from them before shipping your precious metals. You can do another test. Obtain free quote from Golden Money for one smallest piece of jewellery. Mail the same piece of jewellery to suppose to be scam artists and wait for their check. Compare the payout. Their advertised price maybe 20% higher than ours, but you will only get 50% of their advertised price, losing 30% of your gold or silver value. You will lose money only on this small piece of jewellery, but you will save yourself hundreds of dollars by being cautious. You will be asked to pay ridiculous fee to ship your gold back to you, if you decide to cancel your sale.
How do you pay me?
Your payment will arrive in the form of check or wire transfer to any bank account in the world. You will be able to indicate that in the form included in your Golden Money Mailing Pack. We will call you to confirm the accuracy of account information. $35 wire transfer fee apply. We will pay cash for local pickups in the GTA. On special occasion we may arrange appointment at our office in Richmond Hill.
Will you call me with my appraised gold or silver value, before sending the check?
We will contact you after appraisal is completed and your final value of gold or silver is established. In good faith, we will confirm the amount with you, before sending you your payment if there is difference between initial quote and final value.
How do I contact you?
The best way to contact us is via the Contact Form or call us 416-273-4773
Do you pay in Canadian or US currency?
Our payouts are in Canadian Dollars to Canadian customers, and in US dollars to US customers. Prices for scrap metal are listed in USD.
What is inside the Golden Money Mailing Pack?
Inside the "Golden Money Mailing Pack" you will find: a heavy duty re-sealable poly bag, a template and ultra strong envelope with shipping label.
Do you pay less than brick and mortar jewellery shops?
We actually pay much more as we do not bare the expenses of brick and mortar shops. Our business model is different and we do not resell your jewellery.
How do your payout rates compare to local jewellers?
Local jewellers usually pay only 50% of what we pay for your gold or silver.
Do you buy silver and platinum?
We buy all precious metals including rhodium, palladium, silver and platinum in any shape or form.
Do you buy gem stones?
Yes, depending on the size, we buy diamonds, rubies, sapphires and emeralds. Appraisal fees of $50 for each stone will apply.
Do you share my personal information with any government or non-government agencies?
No! We do not share your information with any agencies. Every transaction is 100% confidential.
What if my package is lost in the mail?
There is a risk in mailing precious metals. Your package might get lost in the mail. You will be able to claim full coverage had you insured your package with Canada Post or USPS. It may take up to 30 days to collect the money, if the package is lost. This is a more secure way, when you are in control of your own insurance, unlike other Cash4Gold companies will claim it for you and you will have to proof the content with receipts to your money back.
What if my package is worth more than $5,000 dollars?
You can send your gold or silver in 2, 3 or more separate packages, just request the number of packages on the order form and insure each at maximum value.
How can I reduce the risk of a “lost” package?
Follow these steps:
- Wrap every item in tissue to avoid metal "ding"
- Use an inconspicuous numbered corporation name instead of “Golden Money” on the shipping label
- Use a tracking number
- Use the “signature required” option when shipping
- Use a courier outlet for shipping rather drop box locations
- If shipping from another county, indicate content as "Tariff 71.12", indicate $10 value for customs and actual value for insurance. Scrap metal is non taxable.
- If using your own packaging, use a heavy duty envelope with bubble wrap inside.
What types precious metals do you buy?
Gold, Silver, Platinum, Rhodium, Palladium
What weight units are used?
- 1 gram = 0.0022 lb
- 1 lb = 453 gram
- 1 troy ounce = 31.1035 grams
- 1 kilo = 1000 grams
- 1 gram = 0.03215 troy ounce
- 1 gram = 0.643 pennyweight
- 1.555 grams = 1 pennyweight (dwt)
- 1 gram = 15.4324 grains
- 1 gram = 0.001 kilogram
What do these numbers stamped on my jewellery mean?
- 8K or 333 - Old European Gold
- 9K or 375 - English or European Gold
- 10K or 417 - Most Common in North America
- 14K or 583/585 - Common in North America and Italy European/North American gold
- 18K or 750 - Common around the world
- 19.2K or 800 - Portuguese Gold
- 21K or 875 - Middle Eastern
- 22K or 917 - Middle Eastern or Asian
- 24K or 999 - Pure Gold
- 925 - Sterling Silver
- 800 - Mexican, European Silver
- GP, EGP, GF, RGP, HE, KP - Gold Plated (Not Gold)
Will you call me with the appraised value of my metal?
We will call or contact you via e-mail depending on your preferred method of contact, as soon as the package received and appraised. Please be aware that some of the gold or silver items you had considered to be gold might be gold plated or gold filled and have no value. If we are to discover such items during our testing, they will be mailed back to you if you desire.
Before shipping us your precious metals verify that none of items stamped with the following, as they do not contain precious metals:
- Triple Plate
Vermeil – is accepted. It is gold plated silver and will be priced as silver.
Where are you located?
Our offices are in Ontario, Canada, the city of Richmond Hill, just north of Toronto, GTA and Lewinston, NY, USA.
I have pre 1968 Canadian silver coins: $1, 50c, 25c, 10c. How do I sell them to you?
Canadian and US Silver coins made before 1967 consist of 80% silver and 20% copper. The purity is 800.
Below is a reference table:
||80% silver 20% copper|
||80% silver 20% copper|
||80% silver 20% copper|
||50% silver 50% copper|
||80% silver 20% copper|
||50% silver 50% copper
||80% silver 20% copper
We accepted them as junk silver through our GoldenMoney Free Quote form
Use the weight of specific coin and enter quantity of coins your are planning to send us into quantity field. Choose "Silver 800" for 80% silver coins and "Silver 500" for 50% silver coins.
Can you do local pickup?
Yes! Please indicate local pickup in the ordering form and we will arrange a time with you to pickup your metal from the comfort of your home within the GTA or the suburbs. Please note, that value of precious metals should exceed $350 to be eligible for local pickup in the GTA and Suburbs, and over $1,000 for 50km radius.
Why do you charge a premium for bullion product over posted market rates?
It takes money to actually manufacture a coin or a bar. A market price is usually indicated for 1000oz of metal and the cost is almost the same to make 1000oz or a 1oz bar or coin. Every business exists to make money. We simply service your needs to safely buy or sell bullion product.
What if I change my mind after I have sent my package?
We contact every customer with a detailed quote and description of the metal we have received from you before it is going to be melted. Additionally, you can call our support hotline at 416-273-4773 or Contact US and we will cancel your order and send your items back to you.
- If you have other questions or require assistance:
- -Call our support hotline at 416-273-4773
- -Use Contact US link
- -Post your question in our Forum